10/09/2011

October 9

Last week a friend came over, and I played a song of mine on the piano in the library. This friend loved the song so much that she decided to share it with her friends on facebook, who reported that they liked it a lot too. This was a really nice surprise.

I worked on a project that started 4 months ago: covering Björk's 'Crystalline'. The cover itself, the music, is almost done. The video on the other hand is just a collection of ideas, but today there was a lot of progress. 
I created my own 'bluescreen' and recorded the raw footage (me lip-syncing the song). Then I made the color 'white' transparent so that any other material would show through it. Like this:



Then I exported this video to the right format, and combined it with the crystal videos that I captured before. The combination of them looks like this:


I'm very happy with the result! This weekend I'm going to experiment more with different videos/pictures.