9/09/2011

September 8

I was in such a hurry this morning, and while I was biking my bag broke. With the broken bag in my hands I raced to the ferry and made it just in time! (And there, I kinda repaired the bag).

In Amsterdam I met up with an old friend to get to work: we are going to organize Taizé-services in Amsterdam. Together with another person we brainstormed and came up with some nice ideas. I've worked out a poster we can spread through Amsterdam:



This is just the idea but I really hope it will turn out like this. The big red word 'Taizé' will hopefully catch the people's attention.

Then I hurried through the rain to my next college: music-theory. I'm really glad that I already know most of it: If I hadn't I would start crying in that college. The teacher storms through many chapters of music-theory while there are some students in the class that have just started to read notes..

And then in the evening I went to a classical Japanese concert for music and dance. I noticed this when I looked at the conservatory of Amsterdam: they organize concerts daily and they are free to enter!
The concert was wonderful, though it sometimes hurt my ears. I had never heard music like that before: completely different from the Western kind of harmonies. So it was beautiful in a strange way. See picture below!

greetings.