9/27/2011

September 27

 Since my old bike didn't turn up again, I had to buy a new one. This time I bought a heavier lock so that people would have a really hard time if anybody tried to steal my bike again.

On my new bike I went to the dam, where I gave some old bread to the birds. I'm sure they loved it.

Then, on my way home, I saw 10 black birds picking a dead bird. ...that's what I thought first, but at a second look I noticed that the bird they were picking was still alive and trying to escape! I quickly biked over there and the black birds flew away. The dove that they had been picking stumbled into my direction, it seemed to see me as it's savior. He hid between my feet and was bleeding. I did not know what to do and watched the bird for a minute. When I tried to pick it up he would get scared and jump of again, only to crash down with it's broken wing. I almost gave up when I noticed a blue piece of cloth laying near me. I wrapped the bird in it and then carried it home. There I called the animal-ambulance who took further care of him.